Wednesday, July 04, 2007

In Short...

Its just plain bad karma.

I swear.

Saturday's race. It was blowing some 20 knots of wind. A slight drizzle did not thwart the wind's intention to make me work really hard. (I'm the only Laser and the rest, thistles, 470s' and mobjacks).

1st race, I worked really hard, brilliant tactic, I was more than half a leg ahead the first upwind leg by starting on the pin end. BUt I was worked so hard that my brain burnt and forgot to turn on the ratchet block, I was wondering why I was so weak, can't trim my sail at all. Alas, its the stupid ratched block. The boat was feeling really lethargic downwind and the final upwind. Nevermind, I still came in first.

2nd race, nice start, the wind has dropped some.. but my boat just dun seem to be responding to me... Starting to wonder about the not having sailed on a laser for the last 2 years... But, can't be that bad.. I sailed the other day, it din feel like this.. Came in 2nd on corrected time.

3rd race, good start, playing the wind shifts well, but the boat just dun seem to be responding!!!!! Prayed that the handicap is enough to cover the erm.. 7 min difference.. fat chance.. came in 3rd. effectively. Last, only three boats in my class...

Finally sailed the boat back to shore, was having quite abit of trouble heaving the boat up on land, thinking that I must have been really weak and quite tired from working the boat hard. Unplugged the drain plug.. and found the boat full of water!!! Had to let it drain for 10 mins or for it to be completely empty. Man.. it was a lousy feeling. I should have won the race if not for that stupid plug. Oh well.. my own fault for not changing it out.

The "Old well" look...

No comments: