Wednesday, June 27, 2007

When you are at the bottom, you can only go up!

I am beginning to like this saying quite abit, I mean, its brilliant! If you are at the bottom, the only way is up! By this, I must say I am quite spurred. Its not that bad after all... I mean. I have been too hard on myself and them. But then again. That's me. I always expect everybody else to be able to do stuff like I do them. It is a problem that my officer while I am in OCS very aptly pointed out. She fears my problem will be to expect my men to be able to do what I can do. Which shouldn't be the case, cos if they can do what I can do. They should be officers as well!

I am actually quite glad that she pointed that out. Cos I never really do realise that. I just blame it on my star sign, Virgo, perfectionist. heh.. But it is also because of that, that I always try to do my best when I start out on something, it is also a tumbling block, when I do not know how and when to call it quits and say its good enough, and I should just move on to the next thing.


My tumbling blocks? Being a perfectionist??

Anyway.. today's classes wasn't too bad. I spent the entire morning sorting out boats and stuff, and after lunch, we got some solid water time with the wind blowing quite abit, and yet, not too badly that they can't sail at all. It looks promising, but I couldn't really tell just yet, if their attitude will hold out. But I see some delighted faces on the water doing the new drills I just showed them... pray....
Taking small steps each day into the unknown..

My truck! As I have promised. hehe.. A picture of it. a 1988 Toyota, I think the tyres not too good ah.. Drove it all the way into Annapolis yesterday for a regatta, a first long distance drive, and a first time towing a trailer behind.. I think I'm quite mad.... it was quite crazy, it takes quite a while to stop when i'm towing stuff, and it won't really go more than 60mph when i'm on the 5th gear.. I floored the darn accelerator and it still wont' go. Have to lower the gear to get it moving up slops... But.. no choice la. I guess its the only one. too bad. suck it up. heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

finally enable that anonymous thingy. ok good blog, i sense the attention u seek so here u'd have it

more pics pls (archi n landscape shots)

- never again